three and a half minutes with… Fernando Torres
“El Niño smiles and his freckles sparkle. He warns about how little he likes these things. And he lied when he said, ‘I’ll say many stupid things.’ There weren’t that many.” That’s the introduction to this Q&A with Fernando Torres. I love his wild guesses!
1. What makes you angry? Uf, many things.
2. How much are chickens these days? 2000.
3. Do you have good handwriting? Yes.
4. Do you like croquetas? I love croquetas.
5. Does your cousin carry a risk? Of course.
6. How many goals has Villa scored for Spain? 200.
7. Where is the Antiguo neighborhood? In Cornellà.
8. Have you tried Iniesta’s wine? No.
9. What position did Mata’s father play? As a winger.
10. What is the purpose of a crankshaft? So that storks can perch.
11. Why does the government rescue banks and forget people? That’s a question for the government.
12. How many games did Toni Grande play with the national team? 100.
13. How often does Del Bosque touch up his mustache? Every four months.
14. Who gave Belén Esteban that nose? I don’t know.
15. What team did Lato play for? He should have played in Atleti.
16. Where is Auschwitz? In Poland.
17. What do Poland and Cataluña have in common? Some letters in their names.
18. Who is Lech Walesa? A Polish politician.
19. On what day do the Sanfermines start? Jan. 1.
20. Where is your ideal vacation hideaway? I would like to find that place.
21. What team does the writer Martínez de Pisón support? Gdansk.
22. When was the last time you took a private plane? A long time ago.
23. Who was Belauste? An Ecuadorian philosopher.
25. What is a flanker? A… what?
26. What does it mean to pull a Karanka? I don’t know. I have no idea.
27. How much did Iker Casillas weigh when he was born? I don’t know [no wild guess for this one?].
28. What is the name of Mazinger Z’s girlfriend? She was called Afrodita.
29. How many of Liverpool’s supporters died in Hillsborough in 1989? 96.
30. What is the secret of La Roja? Hard work and team spirit.
31. Where do you go to have a beer? In any place.
32. What did Pedro Picapiedra (Fred Flintstone) work as? As a football coach.
33. Why do footballers spit so much during games? Because they secrete liquids.
34. Who killed the solider Pilecki? He was Polish.
35. What is your favorite type of candy? Strawberry ones.
36. What is the name of Son Goku’s son? Son Goanda.
37. What is the purpose of twitter? I still don’t know.
38. What happened with your controversy with Iñaki Gabilondo (this is a question posed by a humorist many years ago; Gabilondo is a journalist and anchor)? In the end, we made up.