three and a half minutes with… Juanfran Torres
Juanfran was the next player to answer these strange questions. Did you know that his hometown, Crevillente, is also known as the “city of carpets”? I’ve been there quite a few times as a good friend is from there, and signs proclaiming the town as the “ciudad de la alfombra” are everywhere.
2. How much are chickens these days? I don’t buy it, it’s bought for me.
3. Do you have good handwriting? Yes.
4. Do you like croquetas? I love them.
5. Does your cousin carry a risk (a play on words on the phrase “prima de riesgo” – risk premium – since “prima” also means female cousin)? No risk.
6. Why do we close our eyes when we sneeze? Because we’re Spaniards.
7. How many goals has Villa scored for Spain? Many, he’s the top goalscorer.
8. Where is the Antiguo neighborhood? In the Canary Islands?
9. Have you tried Iniesta’s wine? No, but I want to…
10. What position did Mata’s father play? Juan Mata’s father? I didn’t even know he was a footballer.
11. What is the purpose of a crankshaft? I know what a crankshaft is… wait (thinks). I don’t remember!
12. Why does the government rescue banks and forget people? One should talk as little about the government as possible.
13. How many games did Toni Grande play with the national team? I’m sorry Toni, but I don’t know.
14. How often does Del Bosque touch up his mustache? Each time we suffer with a result.
15. Who gave Belén Esteban that nose? Belén Esteban is very pretty.
16. What team did Lato play for? Holy Mother of God! I don’t know…
17. Where is Auschwitz? Here.
18. What do Poland and Cataluña have in common? By name, they don’t appear to have a lot in common.
19. Who is Lech Walesa? I have to apply myself a bit more.
20. How much do you spend on gas a month? I use diesel.
21. On what day do the Sanfermines start? July 7.
22. Where do you like to go on vacation? New York.
23. What team does the writer Martínez de Pisón support? I’m sure it’s Atlético.
24. What type of music do you listen to on the way to the stadium? A bit of everything, normally I listen to Michael Jackson.
25. Who was Belauste? I don’t know.
27. What is a flanker? (Shrugs his shoulders.)
28. What does it mean to pull a Karanka? I only know one and he’s a coach.
29. How much did Iker Casillas weigh when he was born? Iker is big: 4.2 kilos.
30. How many of Liverpool’s supporters died in Hillsborough in 1989? A lot.
31. What is the secret of La Roja? Humility and hard work.
32. What did Pedro Picapiedra (Fred Flintstone) work as? In the quarry.
33. Why do footballers spit so much during games? Because we’re well hydrated.
34. Who killed the solider Pilecki? Not me, I don’t kill anyone.
35. What is the purpose of twitter? To be more approachable.
36. What happened with your controversy with Iñaki Gabilondo (this is a question posed by a humorist many years ago; Gabilondo is a journalist and anchor)? Iñaki is a phenomenon.
Juanfran had some great answers, no?