three and a half minutes with… Pedro
I didn’t think it was possible to answer “I don’t know” more times than David Silva, but Pedro did it!
And I guess Luis Martín finally got the answer he wanted to his snide Karanka question; that should make him happy. Perhaps all of the descriptions of the players he starts his articles with will now be along the lines of what he wrote for Pedro: “Pedro never gets angry. He hasn’t played a single minute in three games and he hasn’t lost his smile. That’s how great Pedrito is.” Compare this to his introduction for Raúl Albiol: “Raúl Albiol is called Chori, and he had a serious car accident. He knows that if Puyol hadn’t gotten injured, he probably wouldn’t have been called up.” Bias much?
1. What makes you angry? Flight delays.
2. How much are chickens these days? I don’t know.
3. Do you have good handwriting? Yes, very good.
4. Do you like croquetas? Yes, a lot.
5. Does your cousin carry a risk (a play on words on the phrase “prima de riesgo” – risk premium – since “prima” also means female cousin)? No, I don’t think so.
6. Why do we close our eyes when we sneeze? It’s instinctive.
7. How many goals has Villa scored for Spain? 45.
8. Where is the Antiguo neighborhood? I don’t know.
9. Have you tried Iniesta’s wine? It’s as good as he is.
10. What position did Mata’s father play? I have no idea.
11. What is the purpose of a crankshaft? I don’t know, something mechanical.
12. Why does the government rescue banks and forget people? These questions are very complicated for me. You’re putting me in a compromising position.
13. How many games did Toni Grande play with the national team? I don’t know.
14. How often does Del Bosque touch up his mustache? It could be every three days, I don’t know.
15. What kind of music do you listen to on the way to the stadium? Every type.
16. What team did Lato play for? Who? I don’t know.
17. Where is Auschwitz? Here, in Poland, not far.
18. What do Poland and Cataluña have in common? Nothing, as far as I know.
19. Who is Lech Walesa? I don’t know.
20. How much do you spend on gas a month? My car guzzles a lot! Each month, 250 to 300 euros.
21. On what day do the Sanfermines start? I don’t know.
22. Where do you like to go on vacation? To Tenerife.
23. What team does the writer Martínez de Pisón support? I don’t know.
24. When was the last time you took a private plane? One month ago.
25. Who was Belauste? I don’t know.
27. What is a flanker? I don’t know.
28. What does it mean to pull a Karanka? To act as a fool?
29. How much did Iker Casillas weigh when he was born? A lot. Iker is very big!
30. What is the name of Mazinger Z’s girlfriend? No idea.
31. How many of Liverpool’s supporters died in Hillsborough in 1989? 96.
32. What is the secret of La Roja? The team spirit, the group.
33. Where do you go to have a beer? I don’t drink that, I drink water.
34. What did Pedro Picapiedra (Fred Flintstone) work as? In a quarry.
35. Why do footballers spit so much during games? Because our mouths get dry.
36. Who killed the solider Pilecki? I don’t know.
37. What is your favorite type of candy? Marshmallows.
38. What is the name of Son Goku’s son? Son Gohan.
39. What is the purpose of twitter? To send messages to your followers.
40. What happened with your controversy with Iñaki Gabilondo (this is a question posed by a humorist many years ago; Gabilondo is a journalist and anchor)? Me? There wasn’t any controversy. Why do you ask me these things?
Pedrito must have talked fast, because he got through all the questions!