three and a half minutes with… Gerard Piqué
When he heard the word “questionnaire,” Gerard Piqué laughed and warned, “don’t ask me any of those strange questions that will make me look ridiculous later on.”
1. What makes you angry? You and your little questions. And lies and insincerity.
2. How much are chickens these days? I don’t know… three euros. Well, there are some that are more expensive and some that are cheaper. Put five euros per kilo.
3. Do you have good handwriting? Yes, very good.
4. Do you like croquetas? Yes, of course.
5. Does your cousin carry a risk (a play on words on the phrase “prima de riesgo” – risk premium – since “prima” also means female cousin)? No, they’re very good.
6. Why do we close our eyes when we sneeze? Through force of habit.
7. How many goals has Villa scored for Spain? 50 or… 51?
8. Where is the Antiguo neighborhood? I don’t know.
9. Have you tried Iniesta’s wine? Yes. It’s very good.
10. What position did Mata’s father play? You’re trying to get me, aren’t you? As a winger.
11. What is the purpose of a crankshaft? To raise storks…
12. Why does the government rescue banks and forget people? It’s the government’s decision. They’ll know why…
13. How many games did Toni Grande play with the national team? I have no idea.
14. How often does Del Bosque touch up his mustache? I’ve never seen him do that. I don’t know…
15. Who gave Belén Esteban that nose? The person who operated on her.
16. What team did Lato play for? I don’t know… with Poland.
17. Where is Auschwitz? In Poland.
18. What do Poland and Cataluña have in common? We’re both called polacos.
19. On what day do the Sanfermines start? July 7.
20. Where do you like to go on vacation? If I tell you, everyone’s going to know.
21. What team does the writer Martínez de Pisón support? Zaragoza.
22. When was the last time you took a private plane? One month ago.
23. Who was Belauste? A Basque player.
25. What is a flanker? It sounds like it has to do with American football. No, it’s a rugby player!
26. What does it mean to pull a Karanka? I have no idea. I’m not going to enter into that.
27. How much did Iker Casillas weigh when he was born? Four kilos.
28. What is the name of Mazinger Z’s girlfriend? I’ve never watched Mazinger Z.
29. How many of Liverpool’s supporters died in Hillsborough in 1989? 96?
30. What is the secret of La Roja? There are no secrets in La Roja [good answer!].
31. Where do you go to have a beer? I don’t drink.
32. What did Pedro Picapiedra (Fred Flintstone) work as? De picapiedra.
33. Why do footballers spit so much during games? I don’t know. I don’t spit [perhaps not during games…].
34. Who killed the solider Pilecki? I have no idea!
35. What is your favorite candy? Those sour red sugar strips. They’re spectacular, really good!
36. What is the name of Son Goku’s son? Son Gohan.
37. What is the purpose of twitter? To have contact with the fans.
38. What happened with your controversy with Iñaki Gabilondo (this is a question posed by a humorist many years ago; Gabilondo is a journalist and anchor)? What? There wasn’t any controversy. What are you saying? (insults).