three and a half minutes with… David Silva
Poor David, he didn’t seem to know the answers to most of the questions in the questionnaire, and kept saying, “I don’t know.”
1. What makes you angry? Lies.
2. How much are chickens these days? I’m not the one that does the shopping.
3. Do you have good handwriting? More or less, it’s not bad.
4. Do you like croquetas? Yes.
5. Does your cousin carry a risk (a play on words on the phrase “prima de riesgo” – risk premium – since “prima” also means female cousin)? No, they’re very young.
6. Why do we close our eyes when we sneeze? I hadn’t realized that.
7. How many goals has Villa scored for Spain? 50.
8. Where is the Antiguo neighborhood? I don’t know.
9. Have you tried Iniesta’s wine? No.
10. What position did Mata’s father play? As a winger.
11. What is the purpose of a crankshaft? It’s for cars.
12. Why does the government rescue banks and forget people? I’ll pass.
13. How many games did Toni Grande play with the national team? I don’t even know how many I’ve played, so…
14. How often does Del Bosque touch up his mustache? I don’t know.
15. Who gave Belén Esteban that nose? I live in England. I don’t know about these things.
16. What team did Lato play for? In Poland.
17. Where is Auschwitz? In Poland.
18. What do Poland and Cataluña have in common? Nothing.
19. Who is Lech Walesa? I don’t know.
20. How much do you spend on gas a month? Uf, I haven’t calculated it, but it’s expensive in England.
21. On what day do the Sanfermines start? I’ve never gone, I don’t know.
22. Where do you like to go on vacation? Any place that has a good beach.
23. What team does the writer Martínez de Pisón support? I don’t know.
24. When was the last time you took a private plane? It’s been a while.
25. Who was Belauste? A footballer.
27. What is a flanker? I really don’t know anything!
28. What does it mean to pull a Karanka? How would I know?
29. How much did Iker Casillas weigh when he was born? Three kilos.
30. What is the name of Mazinger Z’s girlfriend? I have no idea.
31. How many of Liverpool’s supporters died in Hillsborough in 1989? A lot.
32. What is the secret of La Roja? The serenity.
33. Where do you go to have a beer? To the outdoor cafes.
34. What did Pedro Picapiedra (Fred Flintstone) work as? Picando piedra.
35. What team played in Trevijano Park? I have no idea.
36. Who killed the solider Pilecki? I don’t know who that is.
37. What is the purpose of twitter? I don’t have an account.
38. What happened with your controversy with Iñaki Gabilondo (this is a question posed by a humorist many years ago; Gabilondo is a journalist and anchor)? But I’ve never spoken with him!