Xavi Hernández does the XLSemanal Q&A
We continue on with the Q&As… here’s Xavi Hernández. He speaks about orgasms in the answer to the first question, so you know it’s going to be good.
Date and place of birth: Jan. 25, 1980. Terrassa (Barcelona). Nicknames: El Profe (the professor), Humphery Bogart. Teams: Barcelona. Games with the national team: 108. Position: midfielder. Height: 1.70 meters. Weight: 67 kilos. Civil status: single, lives with his girlfriend. Professional debut: 1997.
1. A memory of the 2008 Eurocopa: a continuous orgasm of sensations. Outside of football, I’ve had better ones of course, but there, everything went well.
2. A plan for a night out: being with my girlfriend and my friends, good dinner and good conversation.
3. When you’re not training or playing… siesta, movies and watching football.
4. After making love… a hug, conversation…
5. A book: I don’t read a lot. I usually read biographies related to the sport: Cruyff, Oleguer, Saviola…
6. A singer: Phil Collins, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen…
7. A city: London.
8. A movie: Shawshank Redemption. I’ve seen it at least eight times.
9. An actor and an actress: Robert De Niro and Scarlett Johansson.
10. From my parents I learned… humility, to be honest. I’m all that for my parents.
11. In the concentraciones, I kill time with: the Internet, music, movies, my teammates…
12. It drives me crazy when… someone gets angry with me for no reason.
13. An idol: two. Schuster and Guardiola.
14. My father spoke to me about… Schuster and Guardiola.
15. Going out to eat with: Mourinho or Cristiano Ronaldo? To speak about football, Mourinho, who has more experiences.
16. The greatest: Maradona.
17. The player who was hardest to defend: Zidane. He was spectacular. He would show you the ball, you think you’re going to steal it from him and then he changes legs.
18. The player who pestered me the most: Makélélé. He was very annoying. When you see him come, you think, “he’s going to steal this from me.” The same happened with Redondo.
19. Comment on a rival: when I was 18, in the Bernabéu, there was a pique, Raúl came up to me, gave me a cuff on the ear, and told me, “eh, calm down.” It was to emphasize the hierarchy.
20. From Madrid, I would sign… my two friends Iker and Xabi Alonso, but it would just be to foment the team spirit, because no one can surpass the level that we already have.
21. The Real Madrid player I’ve admired the most: Raúl. In addition, we have a good relationship. Also Hierro, whom I also had as a captain on the national team. He’s a fantastic person, although his image does not correspond to the reality. He’s very hated in Barcelona.
22. If your child tells you he supports Real Madrid or Espanyol… as long as he’s happy, there won’t be any problems. I love football and Barcelona, but I’m not against anything, not in football and not in life. In any case, it would surprise me if this happens because I would have guided him since the time he was small to support Barça.
23. If you weren’t a footballer… I would have studied physical education.
24. Guardiola: studious, meticulous, demanding, loves football…
25. Del Bosque: loves football, he knows all the players in the world. And he’s a spectacular person.
26. An unforgettable piece of advice: “to get to the top, you have to forget about discos and girls.” Manel Lobo, my coach on the Infantil B team, told me that. I paid attention to him, I have taken care of myself. But I’ve also gone all out: celebrating a victory can be healthy.
27. An unforgettable Christmas gift: a ball.
28. A wish: to be happy.
29. A vacation spot: Ibiza and the Costa Brava.
30. A song: “Losing My Religion” by REM.
31. The sexiest woman: Angelina Jolie.
32. Favorite food: pasta.
33. Botellón or copazo? Copazo.