Javi Martínez (!!!) does the XLSemanal Q&A
Five of our players (Xavi, Iker, Xabi, Fernando and Javi (!!!)) are featured in this Sunday’s edition of XLSemanal magazine, and each of them does a little Q&A. Javi (!!!), unfortunately, got the shortest one and the most boring questions (and an awkward pose), but it’s still worth a read, because it’s Javi (!!!)!
Date and place of birth: Sept. 2, 1988; Ayegui, Navarra. Nickname: El Mago de Ayegui (the magician of Ayegui). Teams: Berceo, Logroñés, Arenas, Izarra, Osasuna, Athletic. Number of games with the national team: seven. Position: midfielder or defender. Height: 1.90 meters. Weight: 86 kilos. Civil status: unmarried. Professional debut: Aug. 27, 2006.
1. What do you bring to the concentraciones? Cards, several books, la Play, a journal to write things down. It’s personal. In the future, it will make me laugh when I read it.
2. A book: The Notebook, also the movie.
3. A dish: my mother’s Cuban-style rice.
4. An idol: Patrick Vieira. He did everything: attack, defend, steal, pass, shoot. He was a complete player. I would be happy to do a fourth of what he did.
5. A defect: it really upsets me when I lose at Play.
6. My first memory of a World Cup: the goals Ronaldo scored on Kahn in the 2002 final.
7. A bad memory associated with football: we had a bad time during my first year with Athletic. We saved ourselves on the last matchday.
8. A city: Ayegui. There, I can isolate myself from everything.
9. A dream come true: playing in the first division. I debuted when I was 17. The base of everything is hard work, in doing visible and invisible training, in sleeping a lot…
10. If I weren’t a footballer… I don’t know, I would be studying.
11. Favorite song: “Si pudiera tenerte,” by El Canto del Loco.
12. A hobby: magic tricks. In the concentraciones, I do tricks for my teammates.
The other four coming soon…