the takeaway: he was drunk on the bus
Today’s advent treat is an interview with the adorable Juan Mata, including some very personal questions!
He did Don Balón’s “el cuestionario” and the results are a bit revealing.
1. Marital status?
2. What are you studying?
– I’m enrolled for the third and fourth years of INEF (sports science) and marketing.
3. Do footballers make too much money?
– I think what they make is based on the money they generate.
4. Should provincial national teams play official games?
– Official games should be played by the Spanish national team.
5. If you weren’t a footballer, what would you have been?
– Something related to advertising or marketing.
6. What is your favorite singer or group?
– I have a lot, such as Quique González or Pereza. And Coldplay.
7. What is your favorite song?
– “The Silence” by Coldplay.
8. Who are you favorite actor and actress?
– Morgan Freeman and Monica Bellucci.
9. What movie have you watched the most number of times?
– I think it’s Días de fútbol [a hilarious movie!].
10. What is the best book you’ve read in your life?
– Murakami’s Tokyo Blues.
11. Your idea of a perfect night?
– Playing a game, winning it and then going out to celebrate.
12. What footballer did you talk about constantly with your father?
13. Your best friend in the world of football?
– I have a lot. Esteban Granero, Pedro Mosquera and David Lombán [yay Madrid canteranos!].
14. What is your favorite TV show?
– I like Informe Robinson and Callejeros a lot.
15. What is your favorite type of food?
– Fabada, when I go to Asturias.
16. A city.
17. When was the last time you cried?
– When we won the World Cup.
18. What place would you like to visit?
– I would like to go to the U.S., since I haven’t been able to go there yet.
19. Your most recent car?
– An Audi A5.
20. Finish this sentence: after making love…
– Sleeping [jajaja!!].
21. Is it easier for footballers to hook up with girls?
– Yes, it could be.
22. Who is the sexiest woman, after yours?
– Ariadne Artiles.
23. Is love necessary for you in sex?
24. Do you all play better on the field after having sex?
– It doesn’t make a difference. I don’t think the two acts are related.
25. Would you forgive a onetime act of infidelity?
26. What do you think about homosexual marriages?
– I respect everything.
27. How do you kill time in the concentraciones?
– I read or watch TV series. I loved Entourage and now I’m loving FlashForward.
28. What do you think about the death penalty?
– In some cases, it can be justified but everyone has the right to a second opportunity.
29. In what areas has your footballing improved in the last few years?
– In experience and overcoming pressure.
30. What did you learn from your parents?
– I learned respect and humility, which you always need to have.
31. What is your latest splurge?
– I bought some real estate in Oviedo.
32. What does a footballer do during the afternoons?
– It depends, I study when it’s exam time and I work. And if I don’t have to, then I spend the time with my friends enjoying Valencia, where you live very well.
33. When was the last time you got drunk?
– In the World Cup, when we won, on the open-top bus.
34. Have you ever gone into a sex shop?
– Yes, we went a couple of times when I lived in a residence in Madrid.
35. Finish this sentence: It drives me crazy when…
– I’m stuck in traffic and in a hurry.
36. What do you always have in your refrigerator?
37. Should all immigrants be legalized?
– Yes to those who come here with the purpose of contributing.
38. Who were your heroes?
– My parents.
39. Tell me a historic moment of your club.
– The year of the double, when they won the Liga and the UEFA Cup.
40. Which country do you support, apart from Spain, in a World Cup?
– I’ve always liked Brazil and Argentina.
41. The Christmas gift you were most excited about.
– A Casio watch.
42. What other sports have you played or play?
– I play tennis with my uncle. And in the concentraciones, I like ping pong a lot.
43. Your favorite historical person?
– I would have liked to feel what Christopher Columbus felt when he arrived in America.
44. Your preferred Nobel Prize.
– The Peace one.
45. Do you have any manias before stepping on the field?
– I have a few, such as putting on my left boot first, the left shinguard first…
46. Where do you usually go for vacations?
– If I can and have time, Asturias. If not, Mexico, where I was this year.
47. A desire.
– Football speaking, to stay healthy. That’s the most important thing.
48. Your favorite clothing brand?
– I like Nike and El Gancho.
49. What was the last time you used public transportation?
– I think it was in Madrid, since I would take the metro everywhere when I didn’t have a driver’s license.
50. If you were the president, what would be the first thing you would do upon arriving at Moncloa?
– Try to help those who are unemployed right now because it’s a large portion of the population.